Last summer NABMA (the National Association of British Market Authorities) launched Love Your Local Market fortnight as a nationwide celebration of local markets large and small.
As part of the event, would-be market traders had the chance try out their selling skills with a stall for a day. It was so popular it’s happening again from 15th to 29th May 2013.
Love Your Local Market 2013 will be even bigger and better, and as winners of the 2013 Market of the Year Award for Best Street/Outdoor Market, we’re hosting the official national launch.
Fancy taking part? Here’s what you need to know:
- There’ll be 300 slots spread across the fortnight at sites on Portobello Road, Portobello Green and Golborne Road markets.
- A day’s trading will cost £10, including a temporary street trading license, a pitch, insurance for the day, and the provision of a stall. (If you then decide to trade regularly, this is refundable against the registration fee.)
- Community groups such as schools, religious groups, charities and fundraisers are welcome to join in.
- Products on sale can be almost anything, old or new although there are restrictions on food.
- You’ll need to be fully registered for the scheme at least one week before the day you trade on.
If you’re interested in taking part and would like more information, email the RBKC Street Trading Office here.
Registration to trade in 2013 is now closed. Subscribe to our emails, like us on FaceBook or follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with plans for next year.