There’s a bumper line up of culinary talent on the monthly Road Food demonstration stall this Friday courtesy of Provenance Village Butcher at 33 Kensington Park Road. Find the stall in the middle of the market near Office Shoes from 11am to 4pm.
Throughout the day there’ll be demonstrations by expert butchers:
– venison breakdown (french trimming a rack) and lamb breakdown (french trimming a rack, butterflying a leg)
and lots of delicious dishes being prepared and sampled:
– mini BLTs with market sourced tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and bread.
– mini burgers with locally sourced chutney (from Rubies in the Rubble) and vegetables
– venison steaks with locally sourced veg
– steak with three classic, easy to cook at home sauces with all ingredients locally sourced
– lamb riblets in harissa cooked in the supplied oven
– mini chicken tacos with a salsa, sour cream and locally sourced product
On the stall will be:
Margie Broadhead a professional chef who trained at Ireland’s famous Ballymaloe Cookery School. Since then Margie has worked as a chef in Clarke’s, the award winning restaurant in Kensington and now cooks for private clients and designs recipes for her website www.madebymargie.co.uk.
Rachel Hytken a chef from Chicago. After graduating, Rachel trained at Le Cordon Bleu of Chicago before working in a number of exclusive restaurants. Finding herself in the UK, Rachel now splits her time between cooking privately for families, working at Books for Cooks, managing her website www.eatathomechef.com and continuing to grow her food knowledge by learning butchery at Provenance.
Struan Robertson, Head Butcher Provenance Village Butcher, an alumnus of the School of Artisan Food in Welbeck, Nottinghamshire. Struan gave up his ‘day job’ in advertising to train at what he is truely passionate about, food and in particular meat. His interests are focused in particular on charcuterie but he has an incredible knowledge and is one of London’s finest young butchers.
Dan, Assistant Manager, Provenance Village Butcher. Dan is one of Australia’s most talented and humorous, young butchering talents, and joined the team at Provenance at the outset. Watch him dismantle a leg of lamb without pausing other than to offer excellent advice on how to prepare and cook it.