It’s back for 2014, and it’s bigger and better!
Now in its third year, Love Your Local Market fortnight is a nationwide celebration of local markets, large and small.
It’s your chance to try out your selling skills with a stall for a day, and see if you’ve got what it takes to be a market trader.
The dates are: Wednesday 14 May 2014 – Wednesday 28 May 2014, and this year there’ll be a prize each week for the best stall.
Fancy taking part? Here’s what you need to know:
- There’ll be 300 ‘pitches’ available, spread over the fortnight, at sites on Portobello Road, Portobello Green fashion market and Golborne Road.
- A day’s trading will cost £10, including a temporary street trading license, a pitch, insurance for the day, and the provision of a stall.
- Community groups such as schools, religious groups, charities and fundraisers are welcome to take part. The Arts & Crafts square (with space for 12 stalls) with be available for a community group, charity or college to hold a youth-themed mini-market on each of the two Fridays.
- You can sell almost anything, old or new, although there are restrictions on food.
- You’ll need to be fully registered for the scheme at least a week before the day you trade on.
If you’d like to take part and would like more details, email the RBKC Street Trading Office here to register your interest by 16th March 2014, with your contact details and what you’d like to sell.
In April the council will send out invitations for participants to register at the Street Trading Office.