Christmas with a Portobello twist!
The second annual Portobello Winter Festival combines family-friendly Christmas festivities with the unique atmosphere of Portobello Road.
North Kensington is famous throughout the world for its street market, creative spirit, and Notting Hill Carnival. The Portobello Winter Festival will reflect all this in a unique celebration that will fill the air with music, as families celebrate and shoppers pick up gifts unavailable anywhere else.
Something for everyone:
- Festive street performances including steel pans, calypso and Moroccan performances, as well as some traditional Christmas favourites.
- Santa’s grotto designed and managed by west London youth organisation EPIC CIC, with festive treats and live performances.
- Acklam Village Market presents TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED! An alternative Christmas Market! Expect less elves and more winter wizards. Father Christmas will be there, and a visit from the yeti!!
- A ‘MADE IN LONDON’ market in Tavistock Square – the perfect spot to pick up unique, local Christmas gifts
- A Winter Moorish Bazaar, hosted by the K.W.A.M.E project and including a variety of stalls including arts & crafts/ fashion & accessories, crystals, knowledge books, natural skincare products, alternative health & wellbeing goods .As well as the stalls there will be live entertainment by exciting up & coming musicians, spoken word, social speakers, dancers, and DJs providing non-stop music throughout the day.
- A “Hamper and Stockings” market on Sunday, where you can stock up on all your favourite and finest Christmas hamper treats, as well as be spoiled by an amazing choice of gifts to buy from quality, unique and wonderful designer & maker stalls.
The Festival is open to the public Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th December. Enjoy a wonderful Christmas experience only Portobello can deliver.
Community Launch Party
Join us at Acklam Village Market Friday 8 December from 5pm.
Nearest tube: Ladbroke Grove