Street Market Opening Times
NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL 2019
THE MARKET WILL BE CLOSED ON SUNDAY 25TH AND MONDAY 26TH AUGUST FOR THE CARNIVAL
Trading hours vary between stalls and by weather and time of year, but as a guide:
Summer: Most stalls set up from 8am-9am, finish 5pm-6pm
Winter/bad weather: Most stalls set up 9am-10am, finish 4pm-5pm
The second busiest day, with
- Southern Portobello Road – antiques
- Middle of the market – food, new fashion, accessories, household goods
- Portobello Green, North Portobello – vintage clothing & accessories, collectables, bric-a-brac
- Golborne Road – bric-a-brac, furniture, food
The big day – there’s a full street market (like Friday, listed above), plus;
- Antiques Arcades open – see below
- Westbourne Grove – antiques stalls between Portobello Road and Kensington Park Road
- Portobello Green – more new fashion and less vintage than Friday
- Ladbroke Grove Farmers’ Market – from 9am until 2pm
The market is packed with stalls from Westbourne Grove all the way up to and along Golborne Road, and across under the Westway out to Ladbroke Grove. Come early to discover the best finds and avoid the crowds!
Portobello Green has a market selling mostly vintage clothing and bric-a-brac, but there’s no street market in Portobello or Golborne Roads.
Most cafes and many shops are open, and there may be forecourt traders at the southern end of Portobello Road.
- Portobello Road between Elgin Crescent and the Westway – fruit and veg, household goods, a few clothing stalls, sometimes casual stalls of vintage clothing or bric-a-brac
- Golborne Road – fruit and veg, hot food
Portobello market and Golborne market is half-day on Thursdays, with stalls closing by 1pm.
The street market is open on Good Friday until 5pm, but closed on other bank holidays.
The antiques arcades off Portobello Road between Chepstow Villas and Westbourne Grove only open on Saturdays, most from 7am till about 4pm.
Shops & Cafes
In Portobello Road from Notting Hill to the Westway, most shops and cafes open seven days a week. Shops normally open at around 10am Monday to Saturday, later on Sundays. Coffee shops usually open earlier, many at around 7am for breakfast.
North of the Westway and in Golborne Road, most cafes open every day, but not many of the shops open on Sundays, so if you have a particular shop to visit, it’s a good idea to check with them first.